Monday, November 20, 2006

Christmas Lights

So as you all know I can be kinda dumb sometimes. Here’s a good story for you:

This weekend Chrissy and I decided we’d put all the Christmas stuff up including the lights outside. I am kinda lazy so last year I left most of the lights up. It was a big pain in the butt to go up and down the ladder so I decided to be smart and leave the lights on so when I was up the ladder I would know which bulbs were burnt out and needed to be changed. Everything was going well until I got to a bulb that had broken. It was laying in my gutter (which was filled with water). I grabbed the bulb and felt a sharp pain. I thought I had cut myself on the broken glass. So, I just kept working away and then I dropped the string of lights back in the gutter. So, I reached in and grabbed the broken bulb AGAIN and it gave me a huge ZAP. I then pounded on the roof until Chrissy came out to go and unplug the lights. My thumb and index finger are still hurting today.

Note to self: electricity + water = bad news

7 comments:

Matthew & Lindsey said...

OMG, this made me laugh! You are hilarious! Makes me think of Chevy Chase!

Glad to hear you had trouble because we tried the lights this weekend and matthew kept stepping on them and breaking them or knocking them against the handrail and breaking them!
A lot of work and problems for only a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't fry too much Bri. Too bad you didn't get it on video. That would have been so funny to see. We've never put lights up. I'm sure it's an adventure. Did you have to call in sick because of your electrocution?

Anonymous said...

great story Bri! made me laugh out loud! Everyone's entitled to a blond moment here & there - at least it wasn't me this time!

Anonymous said...

Porkchops are best when fried anyway.

Grandad Big Dawg said...

Like Father Like Son
At least you did not fall off the roof!!!!!

Evey said...

Thanks for the laugh Brian:) I am however glad your ok and you didn't totally fry yourself;)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA........
LOVE IT. You always make me laugh. I wish you had a picture. Hope you are feelin alright. Word
Nicole :D