Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I need Help!!!

I've got a cold and it is nasty! I am on the phone with Health Link, and have been for 20 minutes, I guess they are busy. I thought this might be quicker. Does anyone know of any cold medication that I can take while nursing? Every package out there says to contact your doctor, but by the time I get into my doctor, the cold will be gone. I am past the sore throat stage, into the stuffed up stage, it sucks. I hope Abby doesn't get it... Any ideas?

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Heath Link.. Their suggestion "tylenol" Thanks Tips! So, I am still up for any suggestions you have

7 comments:

Tammy & Jeremy said...

Dr. Sears is a great doctor and has appeared on Dr. Phil too. You can scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the answer to your question.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T028500.asp

Blessings,
Tammy

Miranda said...

You poor thing! Health link is a big fan of the tylenol. lol! I hope you find something you can take.

Matthew & Lindsey said...

I don't know of anything but I still laugh out loud every time you say "Thanks Tips"... you're the only one I know who says that and I think it's funny.
Sorry I'm no help but hopefully you found something on Dr. Sears' website (if he fails, you could try Dr. WalMart next? jk )

Ian McKenzie said...

Mega-doses of vitamin C, though usually works if you catch it early. Of course, it didn't work for me last week. :(

Miranda said...

Are you nursing too Ian? lol!

GP Jenn said...

I recommend the new Vicks plug-in. I found it worked really well for Grayson and me. You can get it at any drug store. also a humidifier is always a good idea. Hope your better soon.

Miranda said...

you can also use jsut plain old eucalyptus oil in the a humidifier...not in the water though...in the ones with the little spot on top for Vicks or whatever. The Eucalyptus oil is much safer than all that other stuff.