Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sad Day


I had to say goodbye today to a very good friend. Tigger has been sick for quite sometime, and it has gotten worse recently. We decided as a family that it was for the best. We had to put Tigger down. She was 16 years old. She was my cat from the day we got her from the SPCA, she slept with me every night, she was my buddy, I told her everything, she was the best listener I knew! When we got married, we decided it would be best for her to stay with my parents and Dodger.
We are all quite sad, it was the toughest decision I've ever been a part of, but it is for the best, Tiggy just wasn't herself anymore. I was there as she took her last breath and saw her last heartbeat, that was incredibly hard, but I just had to be there with her, I didn't want her to be scared. She went peacefully. And now she is hanging out with Smokey, and I know they are having a good time in Kitty Heaven.

9 comments:

Matthew & Lindsey said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Chrissy. That blog made me tear up! It's so sad that pets can't live as long as we do :( I bet she was very happy to have you by her side.

RainbowBrite said...

I am sorry hun!

Sue K said...

I am so sorry Chrissy.
Tigger was an amazing cat, and considering I'm allergic to cats, she was one I was happy to tolerate.
You did a noble thing to do what's best for her and relieve her of her pain.
Sorry again hon.

Tammy & Jeremy said...

So sorry Chrissy. That must have been really hard. I have never been that close to an animal so I can only imagine how you must have felt. God Bless the little animals of the world.

Kirst said...

I'm so sorry Chrissy. Tigger was a great cat. I'll be thinking about you in the next few days. Love you.

kristen said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cat...it is really hard to have to let go and to have to make a decision like that. I'll be thinking about you...

Evey said...

This post made me so sad. I am sorry to hear she is gone:(

Angie said...

I'm sad for you Chrissy. I can't fathom in my mind what it would be like to be with your sweet little pet in their last moments. I could tell you were sad today at salsa class too. Hang in there. Each day will get a little easier, and you did the best thing you could - held your kitty's paw while saying good-bye.

BethJoy said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me that is what you were doing when you took her to the vet. I am so sorry :(