Monday, August 20, 2007

10 Months Old


I can't believe Abby is 10 months old already! The doctors appointment went well last week, they checked Abby over and thought she looked quite healthy, and they aren't to worried. They just want to monitor her, and I am supposed to weigh her often to make sure she is gaining and then go back and see them in 2 months. So I was quite relieved. We have also finally found a dayhome, the lady is quite flexible and part of an agency, so I think it will be a good fit for us & Abby. The thought of leaving my baby kills me though, but by starting gradually I am hoping it will make it a little easier.

We went camping this weekend, it was nice to get away. We played a lot of shang-hi, some Bocci, and went for a few walks. It was quite relaxing.


Bri and I are heading to Vancouver on Saturday for a wedding. It will be my first night away from Abby, but I am looking forward to it. It will be a quick trip, about 26hrs, but it will be fun.

This is how I found Abby after her nap last week:


That is all from Gallitown for now. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Kirst said...

Glad to hear everything went well. I knew she was looking good. I know what you mean about leaving her for a night. I found the first time hard too. And still do, but it does get easier. Have fun in Vancouver.

Tammy & Jeremy said...

She's a cutie pie! Maya sleeps the same way. She loves her blankets too. Glad to hear Abby is doing well and the doctor seems to think she will be okay.

LefthandedSocks said...

Abby is too cute. It's been too long. You should really be at church again soon.

Angie said...

Let me know how it goes on your trip without Abby! I bet you two will talk about her the whole time. : )
I love the picture of her reading.

BethJoy said...

I knew she was good, she just comes in a small package, nothing wrong with that!! There's a cute shirt at babyGap about "good things come in small packages". It would be great for Abbs.
You said Abbs is starting her day home gradually? Are you going to start taking her now? That sometimes helps, over the summer the 2 families starting F/T in september did that with me!