Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sad Day

Abby was at the dayhome for the full day today, and she did great. I was supposed to be studying all day, but I got a sad phone call in the morning, and I wasn't able to study after that.


Dodger died last night. He was only 10 years old, and he wasn't sick, so it is quite a shock. He had a heart attack. He was on mum and dad's bed with them, his favorite place to be, and it happened so quickly and he didn't suffer. But still, quite a sad day. I just wish I was there for my parents, I just want to give them a hug. Dodger was a huge part of our family, and he will be missed a lot. I still can't believe he is gone.


Bri's grandad also had a heart attack on Saturday, he is still in the hospital, but he is in good spirits. They are still doing some tests to see exactly what is going on. We've taken Abby to see him twice now, he just can't get enough of her. The smile on his face when he sees her is priceless.


Anyway, it has been quite a week already. Please keep both of our families in your prayers. Thanks.

7 comments:

RainbowBrite said...

I am sorry to hear about Dodger darling. I have never had a pet but I know they become just like people and it hurts just as bad. Your mom and dad are in my thoughts as well.

Kirst said...

Sorry to hear about Dodger. I know it is so hard to lose a pet. We'll also be thinking about grandad. We for sure keep you guys on our prayers. If you need to talk let me know. Love ya.

Tammy & Jeremy said...

Sorry to hear about Dodger and Bri's grandpa. We will be praying for your families.

RainbowBrite said...

I just realized that I didn't post about Grandad. I am glad that he is doing better. The Galli's are in my thoughts as well

Angie said...

I'm sorry to hear about Dodger. From the pictures you posted of him he looked like a very gentle, loving dog.

I hope that the tests on Brian's grandpa turn out OK and he can go home soon. That is so wonderful that you are taking Abby to visit with him to put a smile on his face.

I'll be praying for all of you!

Matthew & Lindsey said...

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I wish you could be with your parents.

I hope Bri's gramps pulls out of this okay. (brings back sad memories) It's amazing what happiness a little one can bring in time of need.

I'll be thinking of you lots.

Susan Agerbak said...

I am so sorry to hear about Dodger!
He was such a cutie!
How are your parents doing?
I cannot believe that.
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family, but I know you all will get through it.