Thursday, October 11, 2007

One More Day

Tomorrow is my last day at home with Abby. I go back to work on Monday. I can't believe it has been a year already. I am really not looking forward to going back, but I know it will be good, for both Abby and I. It is just going to be really hard at first. I've already warned my boss that I may spontaneously burst into tears at any moment. My job will be a little different when I go back, I am looking forward to the change and the challenge. I'll let you know how my first week back goes.

Anyway, Abby went for her 1 year check up today, and she is perfect, of course! She is 18lbs 12oz and 29.5". She wont be turning around in the car for a while, she has to be 22lbs, and at the rate she grows, she'll be turned around in time for her 2nd birthday!

Bri will update soon with pics and stories from his road trip.

5 comments:

kristen said...

Enjoy the weekend...I'm sure it will be a shock to the system to be back in a work environment.

Angie said...

I think those two are the best pictures of Abby ever! I love them both.

I'll be praying for you with your first day of work: that it goes smoothly and you make the adjustment quickly. Also that you have the same great experience as I've had with Kassidy - when I pick her up she doesn't want to go home because she's having too much fun. :)

Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

Kirst said...

Have a great weekend. I would be feeling the same way. I will pray for you too, that Monday goes smoothly.
Nice to see that Abby has packed on the pounds. She is heavier than the Quinkster was at a year. How was your anniversary. Did you guys do anything special?

Dayna said...

It's so funny hearing about other babies not being big enough to turn around in their seats - Michael has been forward facing since he was 6 months old. He's a bruiser! I hope you have a great time back at work. It's SO HARD leaving them for the first time, but it gets easier. It just makes the time you have together in the evenings so much more special!

Tammy & Jeremy said...

Abby and Maya are almost exactly the same size...weird! Maya was 18 1bs 8 ozs at her 1 year appointment and 29.5 inches. It would be interesting to see them together. All of our friends say that she looks small, and I guess she is considering she is only in the 10th percentile, but she is walking too so it makes her look even smaller I suppose. Abby is just so cute! I love her blonde hair and eyes. So adorable!

Praying you have a great day back at the office.