Tuesday, May 20, 2008

FireTruck

Ok, here is the Story...
Saturday morning Brian was out golfing and Abby & I were out shopping. Abs and I got home just in time for lunch and nap time, but when we got in the house, the Carbon Monoxide detector was going off. I unplugged it and read the back, and it said to get out of the house and call 911. So I called Bri and we thought better to be safe, so I called 911 and explained that I didn't know if it was an emergency or not, but they said they would send someone to check it out and to close all the doors and windows and go outside. So Abby and I went to wait out front. A few minutes later I hear sirens, I didn't think they'd turn the sirens and the lights on, but sure enough, they did and the fire truck pulled up infront of the house. Abby was pretty excited and was waving at the truck. The firemen got out in all their gear and masks and oxygen tanks and went inside to check it out. While we were waiting for them the Captain was asking me a few questions and then asked if Abby and I wanted to go in the truck. So into the truck we went, which was very cool, those are pretty big trucks. Unfortunately, the camera was in the house, so I don't have any pictures. Anyway, turns out our Carbon Monoxide detector malfunctioned, and it was a false alarm. I felt really bad, but the Captain said they get calls like this all the time and it is better to be safe than sorry. So they packed up and headed off and Abs and I waived goodbye. That is the firetruck story, I'm just hoping we don't get a bill in the mail!

4 comments:

Tammy & Jeremy said...

Fun but scary story! If you lived down here I'm sure you would get a bill in the mail. They charge for everything down here.

kristen said...

You were just doing what you needed to do to make sure you, Abby and your little bean (is there a new "fernando" name this time?) were safe. I'm sure they were much happier to have a false alarm than the alternative.
Since it wasn't an emergency, it really is too bad you didn't have the camera!

Kirst said...

Glad to hear you both are okay. You should have asked one of the fireman to grab your camera. :)

Evey said...

That happened to us a year or so ago. Only it wasn't a false alarm and the meter the fireman had with him to test the levels was like 500 and the safe level is like 50 or something. Good thing we had a detector. But yeah they showed up siren and lights on. I was a little embarrased. ha.