Sunday, February 28, 2010

Daddy Daycare

On Friday our day-home lady, Brenda, had the day off to go to some appointments so I got to stay home with the kids and my beautiful niece Ally. I have said it before and I'll say it again, Brenda is a very special lady! I don't know how she does it. Taking care of the kids is exhausting but all in all we made it through and had a pretty good day.


Watching Barney. I can't believe I let Abby talk me into letting her watch the big purple dinosaur. I am a sucker. At least it kept them happy.

Watching the video

Time for breakfast

Then we decided to turn on some tunes (Not mine, Abby's favorites) and have a little dance party. As always, Abby tries to tell Ally what to do but Ally's good at ignoring her and dancing her own way!!
video


craft time

Ally liked the sticker/crayon combo

Abby loves stickers

Using crayons to make a work of art

I think Ally is having a staring contest with the Duke

Here's a video of the kids running in the hallway. Good way to burn some energy.
video


Action shot of Abby running from what she calls "the little kids"

Everyone's happy when they're being fed lunch

After this it was nap time. What a day. Again, hats off to Brenda, I don't know how she does it!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Awww, looks like you had an awesome day! I'm all for letting kids run in the house to burn off some energy too. :) Helps them sleep better, I say!

BethJoy said...

Way to go Bri! I bet the kids loved having a special day at home. It's a great job(Brenda's), and I miss it dearly. I am a stay at home mom of 3 of course, but it's different than the day home job, I don't do half the stuff I did then, just trying to stay alive every day now, lol.