Sunday, April 11, 2010

Firsts

We had a few "firsts" here in Gallitown this week. Zach had his first swimming lesson, Abby had her first Unparented swimming lesson and also her first Gymnastics class!

Zach loved the water and was excited from the minute he got out of the change room. He had no fear (except for jumping in without holding Mum's hands).

Coming up for air after blowing bubbles


Practicing his tummy floats

He was making me laugh so hard, he would stand up on the edge all proud and ready to jump in but then wouldn't do it unless he was holding my hands. Of course, being the good mother that I am, I kept pulling my hands away :)
video

Abby did great on her own too!

Blowing bubbles


Listening to the teacher


Either learning how to squirt water or singing about a little turtle named Tiny Tim...

She has mastered the art of Splashing

video


Then on Saturday was Abby's first Gymnastics class, again unparented, but we could watch. She LOVED it! She said her favorite part was the trampoline.

Stretching before they begin


Doing a little jumping

Practicing the "Jump Freeze" (I love how she hop/walks off of the trampoline)
video

Somersault & Log Roll
video

Hanging on the rings

video

Shaking the Sillies Out when they were done
video


Abby and her proud Daddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granny and Grandpa think we are watching the next Nadia! Her dismount from the trampoline was very creative and reminded me of her mother doing the hurdles in the Journal Games

Zach will master the jumping in when he is ready

Angie said...

The hop/walk off the trampoline made me laugh out loud!

k said...

Maybe someone was yelling "High Knees!" in the background ;-) I love it.