Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just what I needed

Today was a crappy day. It was just one of those days. The kids didn't get off to a good start and there were fights before 7am. I am feeling a lot of stress at work. Seemed everything I picked up today was difficult. Dinner was a chore, as always, trying to get the kids to eat. I was a grump.
We took the kids to their swimming lessons and Chrissy and I take turns going in the water with Zach while the other can sit on the edge and watch both Abby and Zach in their classes. I was sitting watching tonight and there was a moment that got me. Zach was on one side of the pool jumping off the edge into Chrissy's arms and Abby was on the other side of the pool in her lesson. Abby spotted Zach jumping and just started cheering.

"Zachy, Zachy, Zachy" Good job Zach! Zachy, Zachy, Zachy"

Teacher asked, who's Zachy, and Abby told her "That's my brother, he's jumping off the edge." And then she just went back to her class.

Made me forget about all the other crap going on and helped me remember not to dwell on the bad stuff but cherish the good.

I don't normally write posts like this but for some reason wanted to share tonight. There's a lot of stuff that we deal with everyday that can bring us down and lots of times things happen that we don't like or can't explain but we need to try and look on the bright side of life. Put our trust in God and he will set our path straight.

4 comments:

Angie said...

That's a great post. Thanks for writing it. Truly!

Anonymous said...

Thanks - I needed this post!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Great post Bri - thanks for putting life into perspective!

Anne

Kirst said...

I needed that too. Thanks for the reminder.