Sunday, May 06, 2012

Enjoying a Nice Spring Evening

Last weekend Steve and I were in Kelowna for our annual 4 day golf trip.  This meant the girls were at home taking care of the kids by themselves (For the record, Steve and I appreciate that SO much).  Yesterday we were told that Chrissy and Sue were going out on a date and that the kids were all ours.  The girls went out for a nice dinner and movie and Steve and I took the kids on an adventure.
I took the kids over to Steve's and brought their bikes.  We then headed out on a huge bike ride. I used google earth to do a rough estimate of how far we travelled and it was about 1.67 km.  Our kids Rule!  So proud of them.  They did such and awesome job and loved it!!!

 Heading out at the start of our ride.
 Ally riding along
 Taking a pit stop checking out the wetlands
 Ally and Abs checking out the Ducks
 The kids riding their bikes
 3 Pelicans
 The Pelicans were very cool.  They were eating which was neat to see. just diving their heads into the water to grab fish.

After our long bike ride we went back to Steve's house and played in the backyard while supper was being BBQ'd
 Perfection
 Syd playing in the Lake house
 Abby and Zach being silly in the baby swing
 A big smile from my boy
 It was such a nice spring evening that we decided to eat outside.  BBQ's smokies and hot dogs. Delicious!
After dinner we played a little while longer out in the yard.

I brought the kids home and put them to bed.  Both kids were out cold within 5 minutes of me putting them down.  I think we may have to take more bike rides before bed!!!

1 comment:

Steven said...

Was a good time! Thanks for not saying anything about me breaking the BBQ brush & burning my hand. Let's keep that between us.

Nice post.