Saturday, December 07, 2013

My Little girl is a Junior Soldier!!!

Chrissy and I have attended the Salvation Army Church our entire lives.  Our families have always been very involved in the church even to the extent that Chrissy's parents are officers (pastors) in the Salvation Army.  One tradition in our church is becoming a Junior Solder when you are young.  This is a course teaching you the basics about The Salvation Army, how to act and, most importantly, about God. After you complete the course you sign your Junior Soldier pledge which reads:

I know that Jesus is my Saviour from sin.
I have asked him to forgive my sins,
and I will trust him to keep me good.
By his help, I will be his loving and obedient child,
and will help others to follow him.
I promise to pray, to read my Bible,
and to lead a life that is clean in thought, word and deed.
I will not use anything that may injure my body or mind,
including harmful drugs, alcohol and tobacco.

Abby and some of her friends became Junior Soldiers last Sunday!  I am so proud of my girl!  Here are some pictures and a video of her saying her Pledge.

 Up at the front of the Church with Pastor Don
 What a great group of kids
 Abs and her best bud Kassidy looking so grown up! yikes!!!
 Receiving their framed pledge
 Abby checking out her pledge
 Reading the pledge to the congregation

Here's a video of Abs and her friends reading the pledge:
Great job Abigail Anne
 
 AWESOME! So proud!
 That's my girl!
 Praying
 The kids showing the congregation their pledges
  My little Junior Soldier
 Posing with her little Bro
 Mum made u pose in front of the Christmas Tree at church
 Family shot.  Salvation Army and proud of it.
 What a goofball!
Abby with her Mum and Dad....and 26 years earlier...
Chrissy with her Mum and Dad on the day she was enrolled as a Junior Soldier...and a few years earlier...
Me receiving my Junior Soldier Pledge from Captain Gary Venables (Chrissy's Great Uncle - small world)

No comments: